Friday

Give Back | Christmas Tree Farm with the Atanasoff Family




What a meaningful and fun experience this was for me! Not only did I raise over $500 to support Heartland Hospice, I was able to see a glimpse of this family's Christmas traditions. They usually cut their own tree anyway, so spending the afternoon with me was a huge bonus for them, I suppose :) I haven't laughed so hard in a very long time! Their humor clearly feeds off each other, making it impossible for anyone witnessing their interactions to keep a straight face. Another tradition they have is wearing holiday sweaters, and yes, per my suggestion, they brought them along just for kicks and giggles. Giggles were had, for certain. Stay tuned for the holiday sweater shots to be featured on Facebook.

I love writing stories with my camera, but not everything is always as it appears. They REALLY wanted snow, so I pulled some of my winter magic. Since Abbey was the official winner, they voted she should cut down the tree. Wink, wink. All kidding aside, the reality was about documenting this family making Christmas memories.... ones I hope they remember for a very long time.

Thanks for your support in my first ever fundraising attempt. I can say I think I've started a tradition of my own, too. Look for another give back opportunity next holiday season. A big shout out to all those who supported my project; I couldn't do it without each and every one of you. Hope your Christmas' were merry and your new year is bright.

2011 Official Give Back Story
Special thanks to Rainbow's End Tree Farm
100% of proceeds to Heartland Hospice totaling $520

No comments: