Wednesday

Back to School | 2009


Walk with Me, II

I have a photo I look last year on the first day of school. It's currently displayed in our home and when it came time to walk down to the bus stop this year, Chelsea thought it would be a good idea to walk in the same order of the original photo. I thought it was great when Alex pulled them forward and and turned his head just as he had the year before. The lack of sun didn't give that hazy feel, but I still love this. I'm certain looking back on these photos years later will bring back a surge of emotion. I am so lucky to me a mom and a photographer!

The school year is officially under way. The start of a new school year always makes me pause and reflect just how quickly our children are growing. It starts in the beginning of August, going through closets and dressers weeding out items they have outgrown. I tend to get emotional packing away favorite outfits while remembering how cute they looked in them. Please tell me I'm not the only mom to do this... ??




Chelsea is our big third grader this year! She absolutely loves school and learning. We had some differences in opinions when it came to new school clothes; she wanted fancy dresses [something you'd wear to a wedding] and tons of new shoes. I was simply trying to find something conservative and cute, which is harder than it should be for her age!



Alex is finally a first grader! I think he has high expectations after hearing all of Chelsea's stories, but she was also fortunate to have a fantastic first grade teacher [all of their teachers have been excellent!]. I am confident his teacher will be a good fit for him and I can't wait to watch him grow and soak in all there is to learn in first grade. He's not too excited about reading, but loves recess and making friends. He is our social butterfly and boy he's quite a comedian too.



Our baby, Elijah, is starting preschool. He is super excited about his new backpack and being a bog boy! His first day was a bit rough, but ended smoothly. Once he realized I actually left the building, he had a meltdown and cried 15-20 minutes. This transpired into half of the three year old class crying, amazing how that happens. At the end of his class, he was so happy to see me and his teacher said he was fine after calming down. He's still showing signs of separation anxiety, but we [yes, both of us!] are working on that.




One final quick shot all together. They are growing so fast! We are truly blessed they are our children.

No comments: