Monday

Personal | Twelve Years




At ten years of marriage, my husband and I decided to take a yearly anniversary weekend get away. This year was our third year renting a cottage in Southwestern Michigan. We most look forward to reconnecting, sightseeing, dining out and cooking in. We even found a perfect golf course for us and went 9 holes in between rain storms. These photos were taken at Saugatuck Dunes State Park. This park was filled with trails and endless hours of exploring.



We walked the trail just in time to see the sunset. I clung onto my husband's hand a bit tighter when we started to quickly lose daylight while making our way back. For some silly reason, I envisioned us lost without any resources and I became anxious to get back to our vehicle. My husband with his great sense of direction, managed to keep me calm.




And once back at the cottage, we cooked an amazing dinner on the back porch grill. Yes, it was nearly 11pm, but who cared? Not us. We both really enjoy cooking together when we're without kids. Perhaps it's because we can have shish kebabs with peppers, mushrooms and onions on a bed of rice, with my glass of wine and his glass of seven and seven without hearing the words: I don't like this.


1 comment:

Sam Rosenthal Photography said...

These are fantastic photos! I love the one of the sun and the branches by the water. The 1st one of the trees is really cool too! How did you get that moon shot? I tried once but it came out really strange. Did you use an extended shutter speed? You have inspired me to be even more creative thank you so much! Do you have a twitter? Because I would love to follow you. Mine is @SamRPhotography.

http://samrphotography.blogspot.com